Post Top Ad



PCB rejects impression Naseem Shah withdrawn from Pak U19 squad


PCB rejects impression Naseem Shah withdrawn from Pak U19 squad
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has rejected the impression being reported in a section of the media that fast-bowler Naseem Shah had been withdrawn from the Pakistan U19 squad for this month’s ICC U19 Cricket World Cup due to concerns over his actual age.
The PCB, as part of its standard operating procedures, had rechecked and verified ages of all potential members of the Pakistan U19 side in November before selecting the squad on December 6,2019 subsequent to which Naseem was named in the side after he met the ICC age eligibility criteria for the tournament, which was set at September 1,2000, said a spokesman of the PCB here on Tuesday evening.
“The PCB, as stated in its announcement on 31 December, had clarified that Naseem had been withdrawn from the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup on the request of the Pakistan men’s senior team management purely on cricketing reasons,” he said.
The spokesman said in this background, the PCB is disappointed that an attempt has been made to tarnish the credibility and reputation of an emerging fast-bowler with a bright future ahead.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post